• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trivia Question (Seated Dimes)

9 posts in this topic

I liked EVP's lil trivia on half dimes so much I decided to do one on dimes smile.gif (my series of choice). To carry on EVP's discussion:

In your opinion, what are the "key dates" when talking about coins AU50+ in this series?

Prize? EVP & TDN get to buy me a beer or two at FUN smile.gif (sounds fair?) Well, it does for me and its my trivia tongue.gifgrin.gif

Hmmm...

In no particular order: '73-CC N/A (unique!), '73-CC W/A, '74-CC, '71-CC, '72-CC, '43-O, '45-O, '46, '59-S, '60-O, Civil War S mints.

The big 4 of the CC mints (minus the unique one) is especially tough to find w/o corrosion.

EVP

What a sleeper than 45-O and 43-O in AU50+. When I first started collecting dimes, you could get a nice AU50 example of the 45-O for @ $850-950. To bad I wasnt into regualr issue coins, was to busy w/ hunting down the tough varities. Its really to bad too, because when time came around to me getting a nice 45-O in AU50, you couldnt find one under $1200. The 43-O is another tough SOB to find, when I finally tracked down an XF45 I paid a heavy cost, almost as much as my 59-S in XF45. Oh man, I could talk about these coins all damn day, but I cant because I got a paper to finish. mad.giffrown.gif

EVP,

Naw... Ray Lathrop over at CU did. He got me into the series. It was funny tho, because I kinda started the reverse way one would start collecting a series. I first started a basic circulated I picked up a few common varities along the way and forgot about the circulated set totally. Eventually when I had most the harder varities I began collecting a few dates in MS, ya know, "just to have". Finally, Ray suggested I not mess around to much w/ the common stuff and focus on the harder dates. And the saga continues smile.gif

HAHAHAHA.... NO tongue.gif . As a college student right now, i have to make my buying less and less, so right now im going after some awesome toned dimes. Its great, im finding amazingly toned coins at a SMALL fraction w/ a blast white would run me. I tried to pick up a few "rainbow roosies" on ebay the past few weeks, but after bids went 10x above bid i said hell w/ that.

I tried to pick up a few "rainbow roosies" on ebay the past few weeks, but after bids went 10x above bid i said hell w/ that.

Yeah, some guy really wanted those Roosies. I bid on a few, but quit early on.