• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Lincoln 1¢ TPG LP2 DDR Attribution - Any News???

6 posts in this topic

I very much doubt that NGC or PCGS will attribute any of them any time soon, until and unless they get selected into the Cherrypicker's at least. NGC doesn't attribute every single minor itsy bitsy variety that comes along, because there isn't a market for them and because they don't have the time to figure out which of the hundreds of thousands of minute and essentially trivial varieties they are.

I very much doubt that NGC or PCGS will attribute any of them any time soon, until and unless they get selected into the Cherrypicker's at least. NGC doesn't attribute every single minor itsy bitsy variety that comes along, because there isn't a market for them and because they don't have the time to figure out which of the hundreds of thousands of minute and essentially trivial varieties they are.

Actually, NGC is far too selective in deciding which varieties they will attribute. Many variety experts are scratching their head about the omission of some major Cherrypicker's varieties, such as the 1959 DDR 50C and Type B Reverse 25Cs from 1956-64, both of which are very popular.

I do too, and I dont think these minor cent Doubled Dies will make the cut, nor do I think they should. However, NGC is way too exclusive. PCGS at least recognizes everything in the Cherrypicker's Guide.