• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the best software?

11 posts in this topic

What is the best software for recording my coins? I understand that ngc and pcgs have accomodated collectors with an avenue for registered coins and competitive sets. I enjoy the registery here at NGC and also enjoy the way PCGS has their inventory feature. Is their a decent software that can keep track of raw coins or would this be a task to complicated with to many variables?

Welcome aboard!

I use Carlisle's Collector's Assistant Plus. It covers the modern and old US coins and it can be updated annually to keep it current with the coins the US Mint puts out each year.

I use excel. It is easy to customize the way your want it.

Since I am also a Project Financial Controller for a major oil company and have designed all types of accounting spreadsheet applications its only natural I use excel for coins. In addition when I taught evening classes in financial and cost accounting at a local college I found excel a great application for exam design. I have sevaral linked spreadsheets for my coin business so that at anytime I can immediately pull up financial statements.

What you will find however, that no matter how sophisicated your coin spreadsheet application it will not make the bids go up!

81953.jpg.d67df5f62553bf43ea0eaf4ca2179b95.jpg

If you use a Mac, you can buy Bento, a very user friendly database program that you can set up to accept a simple list to create a database that can be manipulated in almost any way you want. It's a nice little program that I am using to start cataloging my collection.

Scott :hi:

Thank you all for your answers. It appears that good old excell seems to be the most popular. I too use excell for work and should work out very well without any extra expense. Thanks again for your time.