• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Updated my photos on my registy set

11 posts in this topic

Jon,

I can tell that those nickels are very nicely toned and I can only imagine their beauty. The reason I have to imagine is because your photos need some serious upgrading. There are several members here that provide free photo services. Toned Jeffersons deserve the best. Here is my resume for photo services.

JeffersonNickel1948-DNGCMS66StarH.jpg

Besides, us toned Jefferson collectors need to stick together.

Some of these guys are incredibly professional photographers. Several of the coins in my registry set were photo'd by Bob Campbell, and he got results I could only dream about.

How much cost is involded in getting professional photos taken?

This is only my second attempt at coin photography. If you take a look at the photos of the 1943 P, The first picture was my first attempt, the second picture, second attempt.

The cost depends on who you send it to. Some guys do it for free because they love it so much. Some guys charge a small fee, like $5 a coin or something. But why pay for it when others will take superb pics for free? You'll just have to pay shipping and insurance both ways (probably about $20 each way).

Here is one that Bob Campbell photography-044.gif took, his photo's are awesome!! I have my whole Toned Proof Roosevelt Set with him right know. He doesn't charge for the service but I will be paying him!!

1983-P-Close-119Kcopy.jpg

I like the picture Bob Campbells picture of the quarter. It gets a bit discouraging taking pictures of coins, when some coin photographer's cameras cost more than my entire collection.

If you look at Lehigh96 pictures, he only use like a $230 camera (Canon Powershot SD870 IS) there are a few other members that you the same camera.

Ok, I have been borrowing my sisters camera (kodak easyshare z710, 10x optical zoom) and my moms camera (Olympus fe-310). I might try to practice a litte more using these two camera before I purchase a camera. Hopefully in the next couple of months I can get better at coin photography. In my current skill-level regaurdless of how nice of a camera I purchase my pictures will still turn out about the same.

Ok, I have been borrowing my sisters camera (kodak easyshare z710, 10x optical zoom) and my moms camera (Olympus fe-310). I might try to practice a litte more using these two camera before I purchase a camera. Hopefully in the next couple of months I can get better at coin photography. In my current skill-level regaurdless of how nice of a camera I purchase my pictures will still turn out about the same.

It takes some time, coins are a lot harder when they are slabbed. I would try your hand at some raw coins. I can do a much better job on raw coins but I am still working on taking good pitures of slabbed coins.

Here is a picture I took, I was using a Sony Cyber-shot 7.2

1985-DWashington.jpg