• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$20 St Gaudens Plate

16 posts in this topic

Butt ugly! Name is spelled wrong and the dates the coin was produced are also incorrect.

Coindude,

I was away in Sarasota vacationing with family for last six months,not able to do much on forums.

But now I am back in NJ.

Thanks

RWB,

How do YOU spell it.....and the 1933 was never officially issued to the public.

The artist spelled his name “Saint-Gaudens”

The coins were struck from 1907-1933 (with gaps) according to U.S. Mint records. Whether certain mintages were released to circulation, distributed to collectors or otherwise entered commerce is irrelevant.

The plate is still “butt ugly.”

The coins were struck from 1907-1933 (with gaps) according to U.S. Mint records. Whether certain mintages were released to circulation, distributed to collectors or otherwise entered commerce is irrelevant.
Don't forget the design was/is also struck from 1986-2009 (Present) and these were/are distributed to collectors.

You don't have to stand -- this is an informal place. Sit, relax, make yourself comfortable.

....and the 1933 was never officially issued to the public.

Currently, there is one legal 1933 Double Eagle. The fate of 10 more are in the hands of the courts. However, that does not mean they were not struck in 1933. They had to be or the coins wouldn't have existed.

BTW... this is not like the 1913 Liberty Head Nickels that were not legally struck.

I thought there was only one gap (1917-1919). :devil:
I'm sure he meant the gap from 1917 - 1918 and again from 1918 -1919!! Smarty pants.!!!