• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My cherry pick last month!!

7 posts in this topic

I have trying to build a 1983 MS Set. It is hard to find the ms coins for 1982 and 1983. I went into a local pawn shop to see if they had any silver. I have been buying all of there silver the last few months. I seen an aftermarket 1983 Mint set sitting in the display case. I asked to see it and I thought both of the quarter were MS65 and I thought the Roosies would be MS66. They wanted $40 for the set and I said I'll take it. I sent the coins to NGC that next day. I sent the P & D Washingtons and the D Roosevelt. The P mint roosevelt was a weak strike and missing part of the rim (I didn't have a loupe when I bought the set and must have missed it) so I decided not to send it in. I put the Kennedy's in my Dansco since I thought they would most likely grade MS64. I also didn't send in the Lincoln's or Jefferson's.

Well the P washington came back MS66 and the D came back MS64.

The D Roosevelt came back MS65, I don't know why!!

Here is the Toned P Washington!!

1983-P-Close-119Kcopy.jpg

Photo By Bob C

Here is my set so far, all coins picked raw by me and graded!!

sig.jpg

Surprisingly tough to get some of those 80's quarters even in MS65 (thumbs u

I thought it would make MS65 but I didn't know how hard NGC would hit for the peripheral weakness.