• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting grading company

21 posts in this topic

Conder, have you heard or seen of this TPG service before? It seems to be the bottom feeder of the bottom. This coin doesn't even look XF

Clicky

Seller's notes:

Up for auction is a 1834 $5 Classic Head Eagle US gold coin in AU condition. Coin is rare and beautiful. Please email with any questions. USA shipping only. Due to insurance on these I will not combine shipping. The insurance costs more than the shipping.

!BUwJlegBGk~$(KGrHgoOKj8EjlLmVnm)BKPGBh,qQw~~_1.JPG

!BUwJmc!B2k~$(KGrHgoOKjwEjlLmVD,kBKPGBpCHng~~_1.JPG

Kevin, as Mark Feld has repetitively stated, one should buy the coin in the slab that you want. It saves much heartache down the line.

I wouldn't even think twice about buying that coin!!

I love the hologram sticker with Secure on the back. It looks just like those SGS holders!!

Kevin, as Mark Feld has repetitively stated, one should buy the coin in the slab that you want. It saves much heartache down the line.
Victor, I didn't see anything in Kevin's post to indicate that he is thinking about trying to buy the coin.

Kevin, I agree - the coin isn't even XF. I'm guessing that it was slabbed by a self -slabber.

Victor, I didn't see anything in Kevin's post to indicate that he is thinking about trying to buy the coin.

Kevin, I agree - the coin isn't even XF. I'm guessing that it was slabbed by a self -slabber.

That's correct, I wasn't interested in buying it.

I did a little research and looked them up, they seem to be a grading company

NCGS

..I did a little research and looked them up, they seem to be a grading company

NCGS

Kevin, maybe it's a real grading company, but maybe not. Don't assume that it is just becaue a website is involved. For example, I didn't see any information regarding the owner or graders. That missing information says a great deal to me. ;)

NCGS

Kevin, maybe it's a real grading company, but maybe not. Don't assume that it is just becaue a website is involved. For example, I didn't see any information regarding the owner or graders. That missing information says a great deal to me. ;)

They are about as real as the hair on my head - FYI - I am bald :D

NCGS

Any grading company that sells coins also I wouldn't buy from!!

Coins are offered on a first come, first served basis. Availability is usually very good and most orders can be filled.

hm If they don't have they can find one and make sure it get the grade you want!! :grin:

coin isnt rare and sure as mess aint beautiful

looks to be from the crappy photo a cleaned possibly damaged fine-15---vf-20 if not a little less and i am assuming it is genuine

but sight seen/ in handexamination would confirm or deny the above and more than likely confirm

Just so you know, the phone number listed on their "Contact Us" page is a cell phone, making searching phone records difficult. The address listed is a strip mall in Scottsdale, AZ. Doing a search of several sources, there are no coin dealers, jewelers, or any other business that can be identified as a coin or coin-related business in this strip mall. However, there is a UPS Store amongst the business along with a Starbucks. Since Starbucks has WiFi, it may be an office in the making!!

Scott :hi:

So far WiFi keeps them mobile, to an extent.

freeenterprize.jpg

An agressive company, the CEO does not want to be tied down to his desk.

Same initials, different company. There are at least three different NCGS "grading services" I knew of two others, this one is new to me.

Interesting pricing on the Morgans at the NCGS site. How about an 1880 O in MS65 for only $79. Numismedia puts it at $29,250. What a deal!!! Put me down for a dozen.

Interesting pricing on the Morgans at the NCGS site. How about an 1880 O in MS65 for only $79. Numismedia puts it at $29,250. What a deal!!! Put me down for a dozen.

lol lol lol

:grin:

I would think the fact they sell coins they "slab" indicates they are not a true TPG.

I would think the fact they don't allow you to submit coins for grading could be a clue...lol! (See "submissions".)