• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1911 Basel Swiss Shooting (Schutzenfest) Medal - Guess The Grade!

8 posts in this topic

This is a 1911 Swiss Shooting (Schutzenfest) Medal from Basel, Richter catalog # 133b.

This mid size (30mm) silver medal was designed by Hans Frei, and features a defiant basilisk with very sharp claws holding a rifle and a shield.

This medal was also produced in gold (#133a) but it would probably take a lifetime to find one offered for sale.

basel-01-1.jpg

basel-02.jpg

Photos were taken before it was submitted to NGC.

Guess the grade!

i can understand james grading point and i think it does have a thick original patina

from the really excellent!!! crystal clear photography (please anyday you want to come and photo my coins i will be there!)

i do not see any wear but i am no expert at grading these beautiful high relief medals

but looks to be really choice unc. from the photos

I don't clean my coins as I feel we really never own them but simply keep them safe for the next generation of collectors.

I love photographing coins and as I get older and my eyes wear out more and more it's the best way to really appreciate them. If you take a high res photo of a coin and use it as your computer desktop for a month you will see things that you would normally miss.

I'll be happy to share my coin photography setup if anyone is interested.

i am not into photographing coins but man i wish you were closer to me and do some photography for me

as your skills are one of the best i have ever seen on the boards

Michael, if you ever find yourself on Long Island bring your best 12 coins and I'll photograph them for you as you watch. No charge except a slice of pizza and a cold beer afterwards. Fair enough?