• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Library of Coins Commemorative Type Album Pics

17 posts in this topic

This is a mint condition, 50 year old album that I just transferred my classic commems to from a Dansco 7094. It is high in its sulfur content so, who knows, maybe it will add some color to these circulated commems some day.

I did the best that I was able to provide quality pics but they are still lacking in quality.

It is really a great presentation in this book-sized album. Also, I think that it adds a bit of security since it can be "hidden in plane sight".

Enjoy!

LibraryofCoinsCommemorativeAlbum002.jpg

LibraryofCoinsCommemorativeAlbum003.jpgLibraryofCoinsCommemorativeAlbum004.jpgLibraryofCoinsCommemorativeAlbum013.jpgLibraryofCoinsCommemorativeAlbum016.jpgLibraryofCoinsCommemorativeAlbum020.jpgLibraryofCoinsCommemorativeAlbum024.jpgLibraryofCoinsCommemorativeAlbum029.jpgLibraryofCoinsCommemorativeAlbum035.jpg

I'll give the pics another go some other time and post them much bigger since so much detail is lost. I found that the bulk loader on photobucket works pretty darn good.

This was the size of the coins before I shrunk them to 25%.

81365.jpg.c20772c60804971efbaaa3885c7ac798.jpg

81366.jpg.003806e0c69b3530dc7bd06941668d38.jpg

That's a fun, old fashioned set, Victor. It looks great! Congratulations!

I have one of those albums but there is a disconnect between when I bought it and when I built a set of old commemoratives. The disconnect was about 40 years.

That's spectacular! I also chose the LOC brand when I built my VF set of Barber half dollars. These books become heavy when laden with coins.

Very Nice Victor. (thumbs u

Not as nice as your's, but I bought this holder for my Grandson:

capital_commem_half_holder0022.jpg

and the first coin for the album:

1925stnmtnobva.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

That is very cool! I like it. It sure is a major task, though, even a 50 coin type set is a big order.

WOW! Victor, that it is one AWESOME set! I absolutely love the look of consistent, original coins and the presentation is unbeatable!

These books become heavy when laden with coins.

Yes they do, and one must be careful when using them so laden, because if you aren't careful, it's easy to tear the spine, which is hardly more than string tape. What happens is that if you open one page, say the front cover, it has a tendency to want to pull down and separate from the other pages, damaging the spine.

I love these albums and agree that they will provide some color over time.

Thanks, James and everybody! I apologize for the poor pics because this set looks many times better in hand than my photos show! I'll try some better and larger pics in the sunlight one of these days.