• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANSWER POSTED IN OP! GTG: 1917-S type-2 SLQ, NICE coin, BIG images!

12 posts in this topic

These are the smaller :o images. *Click* for the HUGE macro images, if you dare :devil: .... The images are spot-on accurate for color and luster. Unfortunately, I had to image through a slightly scruffy slab, and that is a tough thing to do at the macro level.

Not for sale, so enjoy the pictures!

CLICK HERE to reveal the grade :) ! Are you surprised?

j1917st2-obv-1024.jpg

j1917st2-rev-1024.jpg

That's a really - I mean REALLY - nice SLQ.

One of my favorite dates because its my Dad's Birthyear.

I thought my NGC 65 FH was nice - but I like your's better.

Truly a gorgeous coin! IMHO, one of the greatest of the 20th century coin designs.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Are you surprised?
Not after viewing the Heritage images. They show flaws on each side (including several on the obverse and a large hit on the eagle's left wing/to viewer's right) that aren't apparent in your images. ;)

Mark, you do mean flaws on the slab, right? (I alluded to them in the opening post.)

(The mark on the eagle's observed right wing does show in my image and is more representative of how it actually looks in hand.)

Mark, you do mean flaws on the slab, right? (I alluded to them in the opening post.)

(The mark on the eagle's observed right wing does show in my image and is more representative of how it actually looks in hand.)

It appears that there are a number of flaws on the central portion of the obverse (not the holder).

It appears that there are a number of flaws on the central portion of the obverse (not the holder).

Mark, if you mean the Heritage image shows a number of flaws, then I must respectfully disagree. Indeed, I had to polish the slab to get my image without being impeded by the slab's flaws. (It still has some.)

I'm not surprised. As we all know, grading from photos can be tricky. I'm quite pleased to be within a point of the assigned grade. There are lots of places for marks and nicks to hide in this design, especially on teh obverse.

Mark, if you mean the Heritage image shows a number of flaws, then I must respectfully disagree. Indeed, I had to polish the slab to get my image without being impeded by the slab's flaws. (It still has some.)

Obviously, I don't have the coin in hand. But it looks as if there are disturbances on Liberty's leg, across her midsection/under the sash and in the left obverse field at about 8:00.