• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A baby is born.

14 posts in this topic

Winstonware has started on his NGC type coin registry set and it is off to a fine start! I especially like that he listed the purchase price of his coins in their respective description like I have done. This adds spice to the burrito, IMO, giving a collector an idea of how much a like coin would cost. This is one set that I'll be following in the future.

Click on the page pic below to enter.

81164.jpg

Winston's pics are pretty amazing, too. Just look at how he captured the colors in this Battle Creek Morgan!

1865725-015O.jpg

I am slight disagreement on having the purchase price open to public view as it really is no ones business but your own.

In your own records yes.

However that point aside an excellent start my friend :cloud9:

I am slight disagreement on having the purchase price open to public view as it really is no ones business but your own.

In your own records yes.

True, it is no ones business unless the owner chooses to share their cost. However, with few exceptions, most everyone will wonder how much such a coin would cost. I like that he shares the cost because it is educational. Those who are adamant about keeping such things secret, IMO, practice censorship and is akin to obscured sets in that it limits the big picture. But it is one's own choice and preference.

In addition to what Victor is saying, it’s interesting to see how coin prices change over time. I therefore have added the date of each purchase. I hope to continue on this type set for decades so the purchase price from years back may not even be relevant to the coin’s value if someone should view my set years from now…