• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1905 Olten Swiss Shooting (Schutzenfest) Silver Medal - Guess The Grade!

7 posts in this topic

This is a 1905 Solothurn-Olten Swiss Shooting (Schutzenfest) Medal, Richter catalog # 1127a.

This large (45mm) silver medal was designed by Holy Freres, and is one of their most beautiful in my opinion.

1905Olten-1.jpg1905Olten-2.jpg

Oltenc-u.jpg

Photos were taken before it was submitted to NGC.

Guess the grade!

if i had to guess the grade on this medal with your excllent photography

i would say the medal is at least gem ms 65 IF not higher

i can easliy see ms66

YES I GRADE IT MS 66

AFTER READING what it graded and i think ngc does not see many of these coins so they are conservative

AFTER READING what it graded and i think ngc does not see many of these coins so they are conservative

I may not always agree 100% with NGC but I always respect their expertise and judgement, which is why I use them all the time.

No one is perfect, except my wife...

NGC have identified several counterfeit gold coins (US and Dutch) that I purchased and for that they get a big thumbs up!

Words alone can not describe the quality of your photos. But then, a picture IS worth a thousand words!

Thanks for the kind words.

My wife and I have a winter place in Sarasota on Siesta Key and someday, when I retire from television, perhaps I can convince NGC to hire me as a photographer.