• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pushkin's Scratch Away Works on Scratched Slabs

4 posts in this topic

At the last Baltimore show I met up with Pushkin, who is a member of these boards and who also has been selling his own slab scratch removal product. Pushkin was kind enough to give me a bottle of his product to try on any scratched slabs that I had and tonight I had the time to work with it.

The product is white, has no odor and is about the consistency of wet toothpaste. The lack of an odor indicates to me that it likely contains no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and this is important as VOCs can affect the integrity of plastics. I squeezed out about the size of a dime of material onto a sock turned inside-out and then firmly went to work on the slab. Perhaps a total of one minute worth of buffing and the slab was very clean. It removed many fine scratches and also removed a large area of abrasion that precluded clear viewing of about one-third of the reverse of my coin. The coin can now be viewed easily. thumbsup2.gif

Oh yes, what did I try it on? A PCGS VF35 1815/2 Capped Bust half. So, as you can see, I trusted the formulation. If you need something to remove scratches from your slabs then I can tell you that this works. If, however, you need a formulation to stop your cats from yakking on the carpet, well, I wouldn't try this product. shocked.gif

Jom,

If you PM Me I can give you his email or you can easily find his ad for it across the street on the b/s/t forum.

I haven't tried mine yet but I may even try it on my son's gameboy advance screen and see what it does on some light scratches on it too!