• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, I decided to start a website for coins, tokens, Conders...............

25 posts in this topic

............... and was wondering if anyone would like to contribute any

images that I can use coinsarefun.com

Also if anyone would like to do a short write up on their specialty it would be great :)

Info needed a on all coins, tokens, Conders

Stefanie

Very Nice Job!! (thumbs u (thumbs u

I would love to share images with you but after seeing your images, I would rather not.

You always do an awesome job!!

............... and was wondering if anyone would like to contribute anyimages that I can use coinsarefun.com Also if anyone would like to do a short write up on their specialty it would be great :) Info needed a on all coins, tokens, CondersStefanie
Your site looks Great Stefanie. I would also like to extend an invitation to you and anyone else interested in joining another great family oriented website called USCC link here. http://uscoin.ning.com/ several members from here. I think you would enjoy.

Visit U.S. Coin Collecting

Ps weekly coin prizes given

Stefanie......Very nice webpage. I would like to contribute some images of IHC's and Half cents if you need them.

Yes, I would love to have some images, thank you very much. :)

You can email them to me at stefanie@coinsarefun.com

Stefanie

This is the good kind of spam. Great job there!

If SPAM is asking for some of coin images for my website...................then I guess

I am guilty as charged!!!

I am trying to make an informative website and do not own all type coins nor

have the knowledge of all coins and would appreciate a true and informative input :)

Thanks,

Stefanie

It's not spam, I don't think the comment was personal :) more of a compliment

Nice looking site !

At some point, I suggest renaming those html files to more meaningful names like

us-coins.html

world-coins.html

It looks better, and helps with search engines :)

Okay so big suggestion.. those images YIKES

I went to World coins.. just the first image, 2434167 bytes ! and another one under it..

Change them to GIF or medium quality JPG so they are 200kb or less each

Also that is the only content in there at the moment, so figure out what else you want in there and how best to structure it for the future, so you aren't changing it constantly

To add more suggestions, we need to know the plans for further content. Separate pages for countries ? how much info ?

Okay so big suggestion.. those images YIKES

I went to World coins.. just the first image, 2434167 bytes ! and another one under it..

Change them to GIF or medium quality JPG so they are 200kb or less each

Also that is the only content in there at the moment, so figure out what else you want in there and how best to structure it for the future, so you aren't changing it constantly

To add more suggestions, we need to know the plans for further content. Separate pages for countries ? how much info ?

I know they are big......lol and they are there only temporary I want to start breaking it into countries. The only coins I have is Russia and Hungary. I will post those in the next day or so. Maybe in the mean time I will reduce the size.

Please keep up the suggestions. I would like to have separate pages for countries.

But need help from any member willing to help :)

Also there is a message board on the forum and you or anyone can post suggestions as to what they would like to see.

My vision is to have this site created by all the members from here and ATS

at least those who wish to contribute.

Stefanie

If you have the time to put in, researching some info about most countries coinage shouldn't be too difficult. Getting good images would be the hard bit

I will donate images of some of my Australian sovereigns if you want them, at least when I get good photos. Some are very very nice :) I cannot wait to get a great image of the reverse of my 1895-S, which is specimen-like

Depending on how much detail you want to go into, I can help a lot on Australia :)

Need images? Quarters? or anything else I have taken photos of? Just ask away and I am happy to let you use them. :)

Edited to add... As long as you sell me that Morgan on the homepage ;) No really that coin is great!

OK since I have now had more time to pour over it, and being a web designer myself...

Few quick things

Add in Meta tags to help search engines find you.

The About us page has text issues. You somehow have overlapping text.

The Message board search is semi annoying with the verification part. Is that really needed?

There are a few other issues questions, but I will leave you with those for now. :)

P.S. What is with the landscapes behind the US coins?

OK since I have now had more time to pour over it, and being a web designer myself...

Few quick things

Add in Meta tags to help search engines find you.

The About us page has text issues. You somehow have overlapping text.

The Message board search is semi annoying with the verification part. Is that really needed?

There are a few other issues questions, but I will leave you with those for now. :)

P.S. What is with the landscapes behind the US coins?

Wow, its been a busy week(for my day job)

I had time to address the issues that you were stating.......Thanks!

PS......I like the landscapes :blush:........you don't?

Also..............added another page on Trade Dollars, under US Coins.

Stefanie

Well, my site is coming along very nicely. Quite a few members have given me a

story along with their images and I have posted them.

Thanks again to the wonderful members that contributed!!!

If anyone would like to see some of them..........

Seated Dollars

Trade dollars

Trimes

gold quarter eagles

and more..........you have to look through the site :)

If anyone would like to offer any opinions I am more than anxious to here them :)

Stefanie