• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question about sending coins back to the mint

11 posts in this topic

........i know i can just call the mint and ask them BUT i thought i'd ask here thinking someone has had the same experience and wouldn't mind 'splaining how they did it.

i received my proof sets the other day. i checked all of them, all three sets. in the one box in the half, dollar, dime and nickel lens, the dime had a dark spot on the torch. the other lenses in that box were fine. in another box, the half has a dark spot on kennedy's neck. the rest of all the lenses are ok. the instructions say to send the ENTIRE PRODUCT for replacement! now, do they mean send my whole order back? can i just send the two lens (dollar-half-dime-nickel) back? seems silly to send the whole kit&kaboodle back. anyone? thanks in advance. i guess i would be eating the shipping too. hm

I believe you need to send the whole product back, not order, IE if have 2 bad 2009 sets bad, you will need to send 2 2009 sets back

Exactly. You'll be opening a whole new can of worms if you try to just send back individual lenses.

I believe you need to send the whole product back, not order, IE if have 2 bad 2009 sets bad, you will need to send 2 2009 sets back

Exactly. You'll be opening a whole new can of worms if you try to just send back individual lenses.

.......what constitutes a set? is it a box with all 4 lens in it? in that case i'll be sending back '2' lens that have the bad coins in it, and '6' that are ok? if i do that i'll probably have to say a novena that the good ones come back good too. :popcorn:

Yes, the whole box with all 4 lenses.

Of course if you buy a few and get a problem in different lenses you can mix and match and send back all the junk in 1 box :D

.........thanks for all the comments. i guess i'll wrap 'em up and ship 'em back. i can't believe their quality control! it's hard to comprehend how the "inspector" just let these go thru! the bad thing is they'll probably re-ship them to another customer in hopes THEY won't send them back! doh!

.......well i called the mint. they want me to send back the 2 sets (8 lens) even though only 2 of the lens are damaged. i just hope i get good sets in return and that someone else doesn't get my bad ones. (tsk) i also asked about getting my shipping cost back and they said to make a copy of the receipt from the po and send it to customer service for a refund! things may work out after all. :applause:

That's interesting, I thought they announced that they were going to stop refunding shipping.

........i was surprised myself. i just mailed it back and it run me 9.35. it will be interesting to see how much of that i'll get back. it's a shame that i have to even ship them back! i've seen their excellent show on how the proof coins are made at the mint on the history channel. i was very impressed how they very carefully stamped the coins on highly polished blanks and how they used the dies only for a particular number of strikes before retiring the 'worn' dies to insure a crisp detailed coin. they also examined the coins for flaws and if any were found they went to the recycling bin. i was truly impressed. that's why i can't understand, with all these precautions, SOMEONE actually allowed the imperfect coins to be packaged! let alone SHIPPED! it certainly would be wrong for them NOT to reimburse the customer for sending the coins back. i guess i'm done with my rantrant now.

I guess I will be sending some back. First set I opened as I posted in another thread was junk. I saw that show as well. It was staged I'm guessing for the camera. Afterwards they probably got back to the norm and produced my sets. :P