• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scottsdale PD: Man caught in $55K eBay fraud scheme

9 posts in this topic

Linky Dinky

SCOTTSDALE, AZ – Police arrested a man who allegedly ran a fraudulent scheme on eBay, according to a Monday report.

Kenneth Zwolinski, 50, was wanted in connection with a scheme that included claims he offered gold coins for sale on eBay but would not deliver the product, according to the Scottsdale Police Department.

Zwolinski was reportedly tied to eight different victims, who lived out of state, since July of 2007. Their losses totaled $55,000, according to police.

Police said they had attempted to find Zwolinski at numerous locations throughout the Valley, including his main residence in Scottsdale.

On Friday night, surveillance at his residence was successful in finding Zwolinski and police took him into custody around 8:30 p.m.

Zwolinski was booked on 5 Fraud related and 3 Theft related charges.

I'm glad the crook was apprehended! I hope his anatomy becomes double eagle sized in the joint and the only gold he sees is in Bubba's flashy, gold-toothed grin, the scammer!

It would be interesting to learn if Pay-Pal/e-Bay had anything to do (the driving force) with these Interstate Fraud charges?

And what's to become of the victims? Will they get any retribution? I'm sure their money is long gone. If found guilty, the presiding judge should sell the perps assets to compensate the victims.

It would be interesting to learn if Pay-Pal/e-Bay had anything to do (the driving force) with these Interstate Fraud charges?

And what's to become of the victims? Will they get any retribution? I'm sure their money is long gone. If found guilty, the presiding judge should sell the perps assets to compensate the victims.

I agree bad thing is that a lot of scammers like this will not have anything in there name and use cash for everything so there might not be much they can lay claim too. :(

$55,000? A small time scammer, especially when dealing with gold. Still every little bit helps.

Not small time if you are on the other side of the scam.