• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A buyer paid me more than bid!!

19 posts in this topic

I sold this Prez Dollar on ebay and it went pretty cheap. No biggie. During the auction the picture worked sometimes and then it didn't. I emailed Ebay about the issue but they never did anything about it. Anyway, the buyer tries to pay me by paypal and my email address was messed up in the listing also, so the payment stayed in claim satus ever since.Now none of this was the buyers fault so I sent him the coin anyway, $3.92 wasn't no big deal. The buyer eventually emailed me and was wondering why the payment wasn't going thru and I explained everything and told him "don't worry about it, keep the coin as a gift and all is ok". Well today I get a letter in the mail like this,

Bobby,

Thanks for the coin! I am giving you this money order for $12.50. That is the price I think the coin is worth. Also I'm not sure the pictures on ebay loaded correctly and that may be why the coin sold for so little! Thanks a lot Kevin3550

Don't run across buyers like this everday!!! I'll be gone for the weekend so I'll check bac with ya'll Sun Nite. take care all!

It's stuff like this that gives on-line selling such a bad name. If only you had put up adequate jpegs none of this would have happened, and the buyer wouldn't have had to go to such lengths to resolve the issue.

:jokealert:

Very Nice by the buyer!! I have also meet some very nice people on eBay.

Bobby I would also start using photobucket so you can just put the tag in the

description. Plus you wouldn't have to pay for the additional photo.

I started using autiva.com a couple of months ago. It has free pics, even supersized, and a free scroll bar. Plus, there are all sorts of free templates. Easy to use, too.

I asked about a couple of dimes that Bobby had for sale recently, and he sent them to me free of charge!

See, Bro, you reap what you sow. You did a nice thing for me, and someone else did something nice for you!

I started using autiva.com a couple of months ago. It has free pics, even supersized, and a free scroll bar. Plus, there are all sorts of free templates. Easy to use, too.

I also use auctiva but starting this July you have to pay to use the service!!

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y09/m05/i28/s01

According to auctiva and my normal usage I will have to pay an average of $43.56 a month!! I will not be using them anymore.

Auctiva.jpg

I heard all of the picture services will be charging fees soon :(

I dont use them but feel for those that will have to start paying

That is very cool and I cannot say I have read about this before. However, when I would take a table at shows and someone from the general public would offer a coin to me at too low a price, in my opinion, I would give them more than their asking price and explain to them that they valued the coin too low.

I have done the same several times in the past on eBay. Especially when eBay would have "issues" which I felt adversely affected the price the seller got and I won the item for much less than the coin should have sold for.

That does not sound at all strange to me! Nice things do happen to nice people. And you certainly qualify. Congrats.

Jim

Very Nice by the buyer!! I have also meet some very nice people on eBay.

Bobby I would also start using photobucket so you can just put the tag in the

description. Plus you wouldn't have to pay for the additional photo.

Great buyer by far.

BTW Shatzy, I only had one pic on the listing but for some reason, it added another pic as the default pic that wasn't actually there. That's why when I would look at the listing, it would show a red x and then would show my pic as a 2nd pic. Oh well, all worked out well and I emailed the buyer a very appreciative and thankful response!

That is very cool and I cannot say I have read about this before. However, when I would take a table at shows and someone from the general public would offer a coin to me at too low a price, in my opinion, I would give them more than their asking price and explain to them that they valued the coin too low.

Bingo! I saw a dealer do that. Guy had a coin for sale for $300.00 Dealer says... "I am a no bullsh1t kind of guy. Coin is $1000.00 coin to me."