• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinons please on this new trade---1908 S IHC

9 posts in this topic

I would like your opinions please on this 1908 S Indian Head Cent I just traded for. Thanks in advance. Looks like some nice clashing on the obv at 5 oclock and around the date---can't wait to get it inhand.

Jim

BTW--the upper shadow from the lighting appears to be verdigris, but none is there.

1908SIHCNGCMS64RBHJBerk060409.jpg

Looks like about a MS62. The obverse looks to have been struck through some grease. The "A" in AMERICA is barely visible.

NGC MS64RB--As Rick Snow has been quoted by QDB in his RedBook their was a roll of these coins hoarded/saved that resulted from a grease filled die. Rick Snow graded it MS64RB also from these pics. I agree it is a poor pic and as I previously said, will try to get a better one, once I have the coin in hand. This coin is noted for weak strike, especially on the feather tips. I look forward to viewing the coin inhand and under a microscope, especially for the apparent clashing, if that is truly what it is at 5 oclock.

Thanks all,

Jim

Unfortunately, they seldom take great pics. I'll take some inhand photos as soon as it arrives.

Jim

Jim, curiously, why don't you wait until you have the coins in hand and better images before starting such threads? That would also allow you to let viewers know how the coins differed from the images.

Honestly, Mark, I'll try to do better in the future and not waste the forum's time until I physically hold the coin in hand. Usually, my pics aren't a lot better but do tend to show lustre somewhat. I just get excited sometimes with my trades and don't think about others time like I should. My apologies.

Jim

Honestly, Mark, I'll try to do better in the future and not waste the forum's time until I physically hold the coin in hand. Usually, my pics aren't a lot better but do tend to show lustre somewhat. I just get excited sometimes with my trades and don't think about others time like I should. My apologies.

Jim

Jim, please, no apology, whatsoever, was necessary. It was merely a question and a suggestion ;) Feel free to do as you please - I understand the excitement of buying a new coin. :)