• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Certified Coin Auction Search database.

4 posts in this topic

I got to thinking this afternoon that there are probably a few people here that don't yet know about the search I have set up on my web site free for all to use.

Anyhow, here's the scoop on it. I have been collecting closed auction information on certified small cents from eBay for the past month, and have carefully normalized the information collected and dumped it into a database on my site. It is front ended with a nice search page that allows you to select many different criteria for your search such aas grading service, date, mint, price range, etc. There are currently almost 4,000 closed auctions represented in the information collected.

I built this area to serve a two-fold purpose. First, it allows people to look through the results for any given date to see what the coins sell for so they will know approximately what they will need to bid to win said coins. It also serves the purpose as a sort of price guide for those wishing to run a certified small cent for auction - since you can see real auction results, you might get a better idea of what coins like those actually sell for, thus know what to start them at.

Like I said, the feature is free for use and ever-expanding. I am hoping to be able to expand it to the other US coin series over time, but for now I only have the time to collect and edit the data for small cents.

Take it out for a test drive and let me know what you think!

Certified Coin Auction Search