• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Russian Imperial coins

3 posts in this topic

I do not closely follow Russian coins but I think you are wasting your money. Previously, I bought some replicas of US issues from the Gallery Mint Museum (GMM) but I dumped them because I came to my senses and realized that I was not interested in owning this stuff. They looked great - 1792 federal issues, Continental Currency dollar and Bar cent among them - but there is no market for them and I would rather own actual coins. I ended up selling them at a loss.

There is an active market and the prices for quality and especially scarce Russian material are strong. But you might find that you can buy some of those later issues in acceptable circulated grades for $100 to $200. I know that mint state later date minors even in choice grades are available in this range. They are the real thing and I would much rather own them.