• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1936-D Washington Quarter

6 posts in this topic

I picked this up from Heritage a few weeks ago with the intention of selling it on EBAY.

It was a Sunday no floor session Auction and I picked it up for below listed wholesale.

I changed my mind once I received the coin, I think it is a nice looking MS 64 Washington and decided to keep it for my collection . What are your thoughts on the coin ? The picture is scanned

80261.jpg.52744b356fb78005a7a1018067a2f890.jpg

80262.jpg.7bd57a7048cb6ff223832d6e99da8407.jpg

I've been scouring Heritage auctions for years for a 1936-D quarter, and never found one yet that I was willing to pull the trigger on. I think that one is OK, but would definitely not pay a premium for it.

I guess I'll always regret not snagging an ANACS MS-65 that a dealer had in his case once a few years ago. I passed because of one stinking little bagmark, but it had the kind of luster that is unheard of on 1936-D. Huge mistake! The lesson I learned is that this is the one, single Washie for which I would be willing to trade a bagmark for luster.

Looks pretty good for a scan, but I'm betting it looks a lot nicer in hand. It also looks like it has the frosty, creamy luster you sometimes see on coins. The 1950D Franklin is notorious for that.

Looks pretty good for a scan, but I'm betting it looks a lot nicer in hand. It also looks like it has the frosty, creamy luster you sometimes see on coins. The 1950D Franklin is notorious for that.

It does have a frosty look to it. It is better looking in hand, a scanner can not pick up the true luster of a coin. The color is pretty close. I am not familiar with this series and what a natural looking early MS Washington would look like. I was curious if people suspect that this was dipped.