• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting bill, what are your thoughts?

9 posts in this topic

I took this bill as tender in a store I own in connecticut. Behind it is a cleanly printed note of the same year. I took some close up pictures to show the abundance of ink and lack of detail on the bill. I have never seen anything like it, looks like they didn't clean the plates for a very long time. I see alot of money and I haven't seen a bill like this before. I pulled it aside 5 months ago, and my mom accidentally deposited it in the bank. It took 2 months for the bill to find its way back into my store, and was in the same shape as before thankfully.

The ink is highly visible and very bold. It stands out in a stack of currency.

I have much better higher res photos of it that show the distinction clearer.

coolbill035.jpg

coolbill038.jpg

coolbill021.jpg

I am fairly certian it is a genuine note. I used to do silkscreening and lithography, and currency is printed using a type of lithographic press. Thats an overbleed of ink from dry sticky ink being stuck to the plate, which allows more ink to be transfered to the plate than just the bare metal. The note is still in EF-AU condition, so I don't think it has been in circulation for long. The one doesn't have the security features of the other bills, but as far as I can see it is genuine.

it might have also occured by halting printing with the plate in contact with the note.

thank you.