• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 proof set info

7 posts in this topic

So will the Uncirculated sets have original composition cents as well? That sounds like fun. I can imagine the possibilities for plated zinc cents to get in there - oh what a contrived error that would be!

So will the Uncirculated sets have original composition cents as well? That sounds like fun. I can imagine the possibilities for plated zinc cents to get in there - oh what a contrived error that would be!

I hear Dat!

Seems like to me, if one didn't want the whole set then the individual lenses could be sold on ebay for $10-$15 each. Each has a market unto themselves whether its the presidential dollars, the annual denominational proofs, the territorial quarters and especially the cents.

Proof-Set.jpg

I have always wondered about "Contrived errors" and if they are fact or fiction.

Seems that the mint would have some "obligation" to collectors to "make" rarities once in awhile. Just to keep us interested? and/or good for business?

So, I'm Praying too" !

I have always wondered about "Contrived errors" and if they are fact or fiction.

Seems that the mint would have some "obligation" to collectors to "make" rarities once in awhile. Just to keep us interested? and/or good for business?

So, I'm Praying too" !

I agree.. if things were perfect coin values would be.... what?