• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Naming Your Children After Numismatic Terms?

15 posts in this topic

If your wife would have allowed you to name your kids, theoretically possible by the way

and in that long list of common names your looking through, you suddenly come across

a long list of Numismatic names, terms to choose from.

Would you have given your child a Numismatic moniker?

Just for fun, if I would have had a son, I have two daughters, I would have liked to have

called him Mercury, in hopes of maybe one day having an Olympic Athlete.

His nickname would have been Cud. (thumbs u

What would your kids in theory be Numismatically named? Think about it.

My father's name is Ben Ware and his Chemistry lab use to read B. Ware which I always thought was cool. I joke with my wife that I would want our son's middle name to be "Bonecrusher" so that his name could be FirstName B. Ware. If anyone asked what the B stood for he would get the opportunity to tell them "Bonecrusher." lol

Numismatically...I dunno. Maybe Patina for a girl and Slider for a boy (shrug)

I always liked the name Penny for a girl Maybe Dee Dee for a guy like Doubled die I always liked the nickname Unc for Uncle also :insane:

Have you guys actally spoken to your wives about this? Let alone your children who will be teased for at least 20 years and will hate for you their entire childhood (i.e. Cud)! My youngest son is 25 and is just now recovering from my wife and I naming him Christopher Robbins (Christopher Robin in Winnie the Pooh).

Have you guys actally spoken to your wives about this? Let alone your children who will be teased for at least 20 years and will hate for you their entire childhood (i.e. Cud)! My youngest son is 25 and is just now recovering from my wife and I naming him Christopher Robbins (Christopher Robin in Winnie the Pooh).

I've been called Winnie the Pooh, Pooh Bear, and the like countless times and look how I turned out :insane:

I have a niece named Isabella...I just call her Bella for short ( not Izzy), however I believe that the first commem had Queen Isabella on it? ( a quarter?)

Haven't thought about it.

While it is not a numismatic term I have a niece named Emma. While that part is not odd the fact that her last name is Payne kind of is.

Emma Payne (am a pain)

My sister is a total blond and still does not understand what is so funny.

I just shake my head and tell her it Emma ever has a little sister she needs to name her Ima

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lets see child numismatic names

david hall._____________

my first choice or a first name would be registry