• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone grade Sanding Lib's ?

7 posts in this topic

Hi there i don't seem to see many standing Liberty's hear on the forum (well of late anyway) so i have no idea as to the grades of these recent purchases for my dansco 7070 .. any one care to enlighten me ?

Scans at 1200

1917.jpg1917r.jpg

1917 S mint

1917s.jpg1917sr.jpg

cheers your daft Englishman :devil:

That's good mate as i paid F money for them .. which i could not understand as the person i was bidding against on the USA stuff was paying XF prices on cleaned Bust Halves ?? go figure !!

I don't know, guys...according to my *&@#&^&$$@%^#%^ grading books, I'm liking 30 for the first and 35 for the second...maybe a tad higher. Is that a die crack on the obverse of the 1917s by the IB in LIBERTY?

I think that 17-S actually has a shot at XF...depends how much they consider deductions for the ticks/nicks....the wear is along the lines of an XF coin..full shield rings and rivets and what was probably originally a Fully Struck Head..

the 17-S is a nice quality 7070 coin..I like it alot, however I'd like a bit more "skin" on my 90+ y/o coins..