• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Am Back - 1721 Spanish 8 Reales

4 posts in this topic

Good evening everyone, I realize it has been a while since I have been on here but I am back. The purpose of this post is to solicit any information or suggestions that I can get related to a 1721 Spanish 8 Reale Coin. The husband of a secretary in my office regularly metal detects here in Virginia for Civil War relics. She told me that last week he un-earthed a full 1721 Spanish 8 Reale coin as well as three "quartered pieces of an 8 Reale". I have not seen these in hand but will have the opportunity to view and image next week. In the meantime, what should I be looking for as far as rarity, interest, etc. for these "pieces".

Regards,

Rey

And Hello to Everyone Again

If this is an 8R from Spain as opposed to a Spanish colonial cob, check the recent Cayon and Calico auctions on Sixbid.com for recent sales.

If it is the coin I think it is, it is the design with the Borboun crown of Phillip V on the obverse and the quartered lions and castles of Castille and Leon on the reverse, I collect these but do not have any 8R. I have seen far more of them in the last few years than before but only online and most of them are either of average circulated grades or appear to be cleaned.