• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Off-Center Roman

12 posts in this topic

I don't think they will label it as off center, because as Douglas says, it is typical and expected. To an ancient collector, I would think this would probably actually lower its value.

I was with Fred Weinberg and Travis when I bought it at the last ANA Money Show here in Phoenix. Fred had a friend of his make sure it was real and it is. I like the amount it's was off center, very neat in my book! I'm more off center than the coin :o)

If it's so common please let me know of anymore out there! If anyone has more of these common worthless coins, I'll buy them from you! :D

So please send images and how much the worthless is... I'll buy it...

Anchients are evaluated by how well centered they are, in addition to strike and surface quality. Generally, coins with parts of the design missing will sell for less money than an otherwise identicle, well-centered example. That doesn't mean they're worthless... ;)