• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little late * Pics of Best Presented Set Award *

18 posts in this topic

4 months after the fact but I'm posting in honor of Jason. (thumbs u

best_presented2008.gif

A USA type set is an ambitious undertaking, and this collection is well on its way to completion. The coins are all in desirable grades, the early pieces being nice circulated examples, while the more recent coins are uniformly Mint State or Proof. What is particularly appealing about this collection is that its owner has provided not only complete numismatic information about each coin, but he has revealed its provenance, as well.

79509.jpg.f8ee71ee735daafca9eecb02f69784f4.jpg

79510.jpg.1e47f79aeddb855ff4eb5ec46fcb5838.jpg

I was just thinking I needed to change my type set in this direction – from all vf/xf to coins that are right for the series.

Congratulations Victor! Thanks for your insight through the years and thanks for making such a nice type set available for us to view.

Thanks for the kind comments, all. (thumbs u

Winston, I think that an original, similarly matched VF-XF type set would be a wonderful thing, especially with your eye!

:golfclap: Congrats Vic!

What's your next lofty goal?

Well, traveling x-ray assignments have been tight lately but it looks like I have one arranged in Nebraska in July. Cat Scan position, which I prefer, 4 tens with call and swing shift.

So, if I happen to find affordable, graded early half dimes or an AG 1973 half cent then I'll be all over them!

I've certainly curtailed my spending habits but will still pick up a nice, circulated, original classic commem if I can find them. They're certainly tough to find once the common ones have been added.

Man, an AG 1973 half cent is gonna be tough... but if you want I'll pull a cent out of pocket change, cut it in half and send it to ya!! ;)

Oh and... congrats.... slacker!!

Dude! There was the perfect AG3 1793 sold last November at Heritage for $2500. It was perfect but, alas, I didn't know about it until after the fact. :cry:

HEHE... you missed the fact that you wrote "1973" didn't you!! I knew what you meant, I was just joshin ya! :D

Yea, I'll bet you're still kickin yourself in the behind for that one aren't ya!

Oops, missed that. :blush:

Now I'm forever shamed. :cry: I think that I'll go now....... :sorry:

Thanks, Lou. You made your contribution to my set with the 1866 Rays Shield nickel.

Thank you, kind sir. (thumbs u