• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1907 Indian head cent

8 posts in this topic

What do you guys think this will grade? It has one contact mark that I noticed next to the UN in united. It looks to be well struck and has great toning. It has no rub that I noticed, no hairlines and has 100% luster under the toning. It has a wee bit of the funky green on the left rim of the reverse but will be shortly getting an acetone bath.

Does it bag? Is there anything I am missing? Possible star candidate?

Straight on shots

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

When tilted it looks like this.

IMG_1165.jpg

This shot of the obverse shows the details a little bit better.

IMG_1162.jpg

If it receives a grade, as opposed to a no-grade, I don't think the grade will make it worth the grading fee and postage charges that you will incur.

The color is attactive but for five or six years I've shied away from blue coins with a "greasy" appearance. This can be evidence of a blue ribbon or ms70 treatment. MS70 can turn the brown areas of an rb coin to a pinkish blue and that's what I think I'm seeing here.

At the various angles I see what looks like evidence of a liquid treatment from the staining patterns. The last obverse photo is the giveaway if you look up underneath STATES. I'm also uncomfortable with the five or six verdigris patches along the rim from 8 oclock to 1oclock. PCGS will not grade it, NGC might.

IF NGC grades it I'd see it in a 64RB or 64BN holder.

I have lots of blue coins, but I don't buy them anymore, PCGS has taken all of the fun out of them for me.

Jeff

If it receives a grade, as opposed to a no-grade, I don't think the grade will make it worth the grading fee and postage charges that you will incur.

(thumbs u