• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP!!!

5 posts in this topic

I've never seen a cent struck like this before and I don't know what to do with it (I don't collect errors, but I also don't like losing my shirt unnecessarily).

The obverse picture is not as good as the reverse, but it shows that the rim is missing and that the coin bevels out from roughly 1/16 of an inch all the way around. It also shows some reeding.

The reverse shows reeding better than the obverse as well as the beveling.

The edge is not completely beveled, rather it is concave in the middle. The picture shows this pretty well I think.

So any thoughts?

Brad

79279.jpg.c628e1c5d420e5811290330b10477ed3.jpg

79280.jpg.2bf31fcb41ba0dcf673c9976b8ba2780.jpg

79281.jpg.e0c5af2d9b05947b444eafb024641f91.jpg

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

This cent was removed from a "lucky coin" mounting. That's a circular or horseshoe-shaped encasement made of aluminum or brass that carries advertising or a greeting, such as "Carry this coin and never go broke." The press that binds the cent to the encasement also crimps its edge, as in the photos.

This cent was removed from a "lucky coin" mounting. That's a circular or horseshoe-shaped encasement made of aluminum or brass that carries advertising or a greeting, such as "Carry this coin and never go broke." The press that binds the cent to the encasement also crimps its edge, as in the photos.

can't add any more then that...post mint damage worth....1 cent.... (thumbs u