• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Doctors ??

22 posts in this topic

Juiced or gassed.

Looking at the completed listings, there's no way a 40% clad half can tone with the same colors/patterns as an Eagle or Morgan.

:twocents:

Email the seller; I think he has been talked about here before. IF it is the same one, he admitted that they were AT all the way, which they are.

Horrendous AT for sure. I'll never understand why people waste time and coins on this kind of activity.

Because people like to buy colorful coins regardless if they are .

And sellers of this stuff like to rip people off .

Some sellers (either knowingly or unknowingly) offer doctored coins that they have bought from others, rather than having done the doctoring, themselves.

Some sellers (either knowingly or unknowingly) offer doctored coins that they have bought from others, rather than having done the doctoring, themselves.

Mark I think these sellers fit in the knowingly category.

I wouldn't doubt it, though I don't know if that's the case or not.

Ok I will use the correct wording. :grin: Allegedly this person seems to know he is selling doctored coins. This is based on correspondence that another member of a different coin chat group had with this seller. Not that this person admitted he was selling doctored coins , it was his vial response to that third party that makes me come to this conclusion.

Ok I will use the correct wording. :grin: Allegedly this person seems to know he is selling doctored coins. This is based on correspondence that another member of a different coin chat group had with this seller. Not that this person admitted he was selling doctored coins , it was his vial response to that third party that makes me come to this conclusion.

Don't work so hard, Mark ;) I wasn't for a moment, saying you were incorrect. Only that I personally don't know the seller's state of mind or habits.

Don't work so hard, Mark ;) I wasn't for a moment, saying you were incorrect. Only that I personally don't know the seller's state of mind or habits.

I was messing with you Mark , I heard you were a Lawyer so I wanted to make sure I used the word allegedly . I bought a coin last weekend that allegedly was not that great but I won’t know until I see it :grin::/:)

I was messing with you Mark , I heard you were a Lawyer so I wanted to make sure I used the word allegedly . I bought a coin last weekend that allegedly was not that great but I won’t know until I see it :grin::/:)

I got a degree, but never practiced law. Instead, I went into the coin business just days after my bar exam. By the way, I think you meant to say that you bought an alleged coin :D

Ok you got me on that one !! I wonder if an alleged coin is really gradable.

I was an accountant for 20 years , hated corporate American . I was very fortunate that I fell into what I know do for a living now.

The first guy is one of the worst I've seen on Ebay. He's been selling these AT coins for as long as I've been shopping on Ebay. He sell hundreds of the damn things.He also changed his "designs" every so often. On some of his coins,it looks like food dye to me.