• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1882-o Morgan - MS65 - Why so much ???

9 posts in this topic

I was going through my Morgan collection and noticed my 1882-o NGC64 at a valuation of 85 dollars and wondered why I had notupgraded this coin PLASTIC -wise. THen I saw MS 65 going for 1200-1300 dollars whats with that ... anybody have any idea??? I wonder If I can squeeze a 65 out of NGC with what I got hm

79058.jpg.c92711cec83ee3c2140e22aef4efffd2.jpg

79059.jpg.3c96080472e52d3714fcc17dffd60565.jpg

Wow thats a big jump in price!!

Yeah unless the "O" mint in this year was extraodinarily BAD

My Coin is quite attractive if that is the case

Your 1884-O dollar is a real nice PQ example for the MS-64 grade, but it definitely is not an MS-65 coin. The coin has too many little marks on the cheek to be an MS-65. The graders know about that price jump from MS-64 to 65 too, and they don't hand our the MS-65 and higher grades from these coins like candy. I've found that for coins like this, which have a big price jump for one point, the grading gets really tight.

I think that you are wasting your money if you sent this in for an upgrade. Be happy with what is is. The only services that are going to call that coin an MS-65, are the grading services are are not worth using.

The graders know about that price jump from MS-64 to 65

... and that, as much as anything, may keep your coin out of an MS-65 holder.

I think it will not go 65 at NGC.