• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much for well circulated morgans and large cent?

4 posts in this topic

What is the going rate for well circulated common date morgans? What about for a common date large cent that is worn? I can get some pics up of some examples, but I am just looking for a ballpark number to offer for some coins.

Thanks

From Ebay you can get Morgans around melt more or less. Anywhere from $12-$20.I wouldn't pay more than $15 if I were to buy. I've seen a few where they sold for $5.00.Large cents I don't know.

Mangled, corroded and worn out large cents can go as cheaply as about $2. I once had one close below a dollar on eBay - and that included free shipping! Morgans that are really worn down to slicks go below spot. I've literally seen buyers stack them up and then measure the height of the stack, then compare that to a stack of minimally worn coins in order to figure out the equivalent silver content, but this is when a scale wasn't handy. When they get worn down that much, you have to sell them by weight.

Ginger09009.jpg

Ginger09010.jpg

This is the large cent. It is a 1838. Would you say it is worth $2 or more? Is this how these coins normally wear? It looks like the outside is worn down much more than the middle.