• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Improvable?

3 posts in this topic

I have been considering using NCS conservation services for sometime now.

Only now did I think to look here for posts regarding others' experiences.

I've attached images of two pieces I was thinking of sending below. Do any of these appear improvable?

1)The farthing sized hangman has some dark blackish toning on the obverse.

2)The close up of a hangman is the last piece.

There are a few spots of corrosion around the hangman.

I love the color of this piece as is -

is it possible to remove/reduce such spots

without touching the rest of the coin?

** Can you tell me a bit about how coppers are conserved at NCS. Mild chemicals, mechanical processes, etc

. . .Can the natural color of pieces be

guaranteed (they won't appear cleaned)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks!

mid1106obv.jpg

mid1106rev.jpg

mid830a.jpg

From the images provided it does appear as though we would be able to help your coin. With requests as specific as yours, however, we would need to examine the piece in person to determine with certainty. Whenever submitting a coin to NCS with specific concerns please include all notes on the piece either on the submission form or in an attached letter.

Chris, NCS

Hi Chris,

I just wanted to follow up with a Thank You!! You guys did a stellar job with the pieces I sent you. All of the coins look great. I was shocked by how well two of the coins turned out. Please extend my thanks to the others at NCS as well.

All the best,

Mike.