• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Binion Collection" Peace Dollar won't register

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an NGC slabbed "Binion Collection" Peace dollar that comes back with "this certification number not found" when I try to register it in the registry. Is this because there is not a "number" grade on the coin? I notice there are only 6 digits for the certification # instead of the usual 7. What's going on here? Thanks for your help!

A coin must have a designated grade in order to be eligible for a registry set.

I have the bicentennial artist's edition in pcgs slabs graded PR69 DC. Even though there are no certification number on the slab, Dena was able to manually enter the coins in my type coin registry set.

AE-75-3O.jpgPE-41-134-1O.jpg

Guest Joiseygirl

A coin must have a numerical grade assignment to be eligible for the NGC Registry. For the purposes of the Registry there are scenarios where we assign a grade based on coin details. For example:

'Brilliant Uncirculated' translates to MS60

'Gem Uncircualted' translates to MS65

We do have a procedure in place for the Artist's and Presidential Editions as they have been assigned a numerical grade but not a certification #.

A Peace dollar without a numerical grade would not be eligible.

I hope this information is helpful. Thank you for your inquiry.

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'

I also have a coin that I had trouble listing. It's a signature Silver Eagle signed by Jessica Lynch. It has a number on the back and is assigned a numerical grade, but the services, including pcgs where it's from, don't like the number on the back.

Guest Joiseygirl

Coindude,

What are the specifics and the cert # for the coin you are trying to register?

Thank you,

Amy T. Lorenzo

'Joiseygirl'