• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C'mon, People!!! Wake Up!!! Take 2

6 posts in this topic

Ah, the Churchill Crown, bane of bulk lot buyers everywhere! Nice looking 5 peseta.

And my contribution, a 1658 Salzburg Sixth Thaler Klippe KM181 featuring Archbishop Guidobald.

The reverse is, uh, upside down.confused-smiley-013.gif

346632-4a.jpg

-JamminJ

Okay, you don't "like" MR. Churchill, huh? Then take this!

346651-1@2%20002.jpg

346652-1@2%20001.jpg

And if THAT ain't old enough for you, how about THIS!

346654-1@2%20003.jpg

346655-1@2%20004.jpg

Don't know what it is, and, um, don't know the year, but, um, I know its OLD!

Actually, Mr. Churchill was the greatest man of the 20th century, in my opinion. His commemorative crowns are cheap and heavy so they tend to turn up in disproportionate amounts when buying world coins by the pound.

That old coin does look really really old! Roman? Lying around here somewhere is a similar coin, I'll go hunting after this post.

George V has a great portrait, very imperial looking. In keeping with the Brit theme, here's a 1902 Maundy 4 pence. This was my darkside Christmas swap gift from across the street.

346662-swap.jpg

Keep 'em coming!acclaim.gif

-JamminJ

Found it!

346669-oldoldcoin.jpg

Picture better than the coin.

Old, copper and grungy - the green verdigris matches the green felt very nicely. This came for free along with an e-bay lot a year or so back and was identified as being Roman. Other than that, I'm completely in the dark.

-JamminJ