• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Comic Book guy here... 1986 5 MS70 Gold Eagle

8 posts in this topic

I appreciate all the advice I can get.

I bought 2 1986 5 MS70 Gold Eagle about 5 years ago. I have looked on various websites

and it seems like this coin lists $1000 currently. I know this is the first Gold Eagle and

are wondering what I could get out of them now or if I should hold on to them. hm

Thanks in advance!

Tim

if you do not need the money or have something else to buy that you can make more money on

then i would hold as a nice hedge as i think gold will be over 1200+ a troy ounce by the end of 2010 if not before

while michael is correct on the bullion value...you can get about $250 a pop if you split them up and sell them individually on eBay. They would go for a hair more if they were PCGS. Bullion doesn't really commend high premiums for grade unless it is a true "key" and there are only a few throughout all types of US bullion (1995-W $1 etc...)

best,

L1ncolnF4n

if gold is lets say 850 and ounce then the one ounce coin is worth 935

i have no idea what the 2 years future price would be worth if i knew that i would be not only rich but own the earth