• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could this be a shill bidder

7 posts in this topic

For the past couple of weeks I have been following the 2009 Presidential PF-70 sets on E-Bay. I started noticing the same bidder in the bid history (h2341 243) in most of them. So on the 15th I started to save the listings for this item. In two days he bid on nine items and won four. His starting bids start as low as 112.65 to a high of 139.16. The seller seems to have an endless supply of this item. I wish I had started to save these items earlier, because if I remember right the prices were much higher. below is his summary for the last 30 days. I just get a weird feeling this guy is a shill

30-Day Summary

Total bids: 25

Items bid on: 19

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 56%

Bid retractions: 0

Bid retractions (6 months): 0

You look for a 80-90 percent biddder actvity with the ONE seller

I would say this person likes the sellers stuff as 50% are elsewhere

My Opinion of course

I get your point but wouldn't it be cheaper to submit coins to ngc if you had a buyer.

I really dont care what the item is :)

I was going by the numbers and my feeling about them

I get your point but wouldn't it be cheaper to submit coins to ngc if you had a buyer.

If you want the Presidents in PF70, I think it is cheaper in the long run to just buy them in that grade.

Know for the math

Presidential Set...........$14.95

Shipping from mint.........$4.95

Grading Fee................$50.00 there is a 5 coin min so you would have to send in another coin.

Shipping to NGC............$5.00

Shipping from NGC.......$19.30

Grand Total.................$94.20

If you want the Presidents in PF70, I think it is cheaper in the long run to just buy them in that grade.

Know for the math

Presidential Set...........$14.95

Shipping from mint.........$4.95

Grading Fee................$50.00 there is a 5 coin min so you would have to send in another coin.

Shipping to NGC............$5.00

Shipping from NGC.......$19.30

Grand Total.................$94.20

And that set goes for what? $130-$150? Not much of a mark up considering all the PF69s you'll get that grade PF69 and can only be sold at a loss. Sometimes it's a wonder to me why anyone is still willing to send those for grading.