• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have You ever been happy with body bagged returns? New scans of latest NCS coins

9 posts in this topic

HI all .. just to finish the saga of my latest submission the NCS and NGC for my 2500 posts give away .. ( ps all the prizes are now on the way to the winners) i thought you would like to see the results of the body bagged coins ..

I am totally chuffed with the results and work that NCS have done to the coins and the only problem has been the postal service .. the package was posted on the 3rd of April and got hear today the 17th .. 14days is a bit long !! not NGC fault though..

but enough babbling lets get onto the results ..

ps.. remember to post your comments about the coins as we all can learn if we discuss things .. lurkers add nothing to forums hm

Coin 1:

1886 One cent (before conservation)

NCS18862.jpgNCS18862r.jpg

After: and has been given a UNC Details by NCS :D Environmental damage

NCS18861.jpgNCS18861r.jpg

Love how this coin has turned out and is probably going to be my new dansco one

also check out the die crack which now shows up now .. has to be the best example i have for this type in my collection now !!

NCS18861dc.jpg

Coin 2:

1886 one cent before conservation

NCS1886.jpgNCS1886r.jpg

After: Given AU Details Improperly cleaned

NCS18862-1.jpgNCS18862r-1.jpg

Coin 3:

1867 One cent before conservation

NCS1867.jpgNCS1867r.jpg

After: i can totally see the the Cleaning problem now the coin has been conserved. given AU details by NCS

NCS1867-1.jpgNCS1867r-1.jpg

Coin 4: This one made me laugh lol

1866 three cent D/D before conservation

NCS186666.jpgNCS186666r.jpg

After: Haha lol came back as XF details Improperly cleaned and check this out DOUBLING TO MINOR lol you what !!! when i see some of the stuff which gets the D/D designation this makes me laff !!

NCS1866.jpgNCS1866r.jpg

Coin 5:

1898 O 10C before conservation

NCS1898.jpgNCS1898r.jpg

After: this coin i suspected would not grade but i did not think it would get the Improperly cleaned .. but i do like the AU details it was given (thumbs u

NCS1898-1.jpgNCS1898r-1.jpg

Well i hope you like the posts for this submission and like myself learned something from all the posts .. and look out for my next one .. or not "it's all good" lol

they did their best with corroded coins

but after removing what they could without further really damaging and or making the coin look worse after conservation

the coins still are what they are corroded; environmentally damaged or whatever clever word they use now adays to a lessor extent then when you first sent them into ncs

all details grade as the damage was too severe and is still there and/or eaten into the surfaces of the coins even after conversation

but i must admit they are all market acceptable to my minds eye and decent collectible coins (thumbs u

a good learning experience as sometimes as in these cases the coin(s) cant be totally helped back to totally undamaged

Well since you said that you don't want lurkers......I will just say I wouldn't have sent any of the coins to get graded. I would have saved my money and bought more coins!! Just my 2c

Michael....why do always double post or triple post!!

Dooly, with all respect, why spend more on conservation and shipping than what the coins are worth? Just curious.

i really do not know i have many thoughts and i just post them

sorry for the multiple postings

i will try to remember not to post on any threads you start on here so this will not happen again in your threads