• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California fractional gold coins

2 posts in this topic

Several California fractional gold coins, 25c, 50c, and $1, have been offered for sale to me. They are NGC graded MS-60 thru MS-64. The price range is $1500 to $6000.

I like these coins and would like to buy some of them, but, I don't know what a reasonable price for them is. My Red Book shows a price guide for EF, AU, and Unc, which gives me some idea of the coin values. I can't find anything in the NGC website. Is there a price guide I can use to find better estimated values for these coins.Thanks for any help you can give me.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

There's no regularly published book for these that includes values. Your best bets would be to review auction prices realized or subscribe to the Brasher Bulletin, which is put out by the Society of Private and Pioneer Numismatists (lena@kagins.com)