• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submission packaging besides Plastic Flips?

2 posts in this topic

Can I submit coins in packaging other than the prescribed plastic flips? I have a number of coins house in hard plasic circular & square holders and would prefer to submit as is vs. risk handling them and sliding them them into a plastic flip.

I also have a number of GSA $$'s in original packaging, several of which I would like to submit for grading. I have seen GSA coins in original holders graded by NGC, but would like to confirm it is OK before blasting them off into the great unknown via USPS.

Is there an increment in grading cost for submitting in holders other than the plastic flips?

Maybe this is spelled out thoroughly somewhere else on the website, but if it is, I can't find it.

• Administrator

Thank you for your questions.

While you may submit coins in US Mint Capsules and NGC will remove them at no additional charge, a $1 per coin removal fee will be applied for coins submitted in stapled flips, taped flips, sealed capsules, airtites, and cointains. Please note that any packaging and/or capsules submitted with coins will not be returned to the submitter.

GSA dollars may be submitted for grading in their original holders,