• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want to run this 85 Morgan by you

9 posts in this topic

Thinking of buying this Morgan. Can you guys see any problems with it? Looks pretty good to me.MS 64,maybe 65? Very clean(but darker?) cheek and fields.I'm not too sure the colors are accurate.More juiced pictures? Thanks

77199.jpg.c976d06c01bf7e05d186ff24f7b2fef6.jpg

77200.jpg.210c41e4b544ac5147ecaf38977add19.jpg

coin is a retoned super slider

au-63(unc. with rub)a fancy way to say a really choice au coin

or choice au++++

or au-58 all the same things

coin is a commercial unc.

now i cant tell from the photos i would need to see the coin in hand sight seen

but it looks oddly cleaned and i bet in hand this is the case

but again i only got the photo to go by so everything isa guesstimate

but clearly the coin is no way unc as it has obvious wear/rub on all the high points of the design both sides

good luck with it and keep me informed

Cleaned retoned in a book ..

However I think in this state is market acceptable and is not as bad as Michael seems to percieve it as.

MS63 - Rim Ding - No Luster

AU-55, cleaned and probably retoned. I do not like this coin at all, and being such a common issue, I'd recommend holding out for a much nicer on for practically the same price.

Thanks guys.Although it's a nice looking coin, something about it prompt me to get other opinions.I think it was the contrast between the cheek and fields.And,after I posted the pics here,I noticed what look like some bag marks on the back of Libertys' cap.I think I'll pass on this one. I've got a couple killer 85's already.Always looking for more though.