• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seated Half varieties

3 posts in this topic

Not too long ago -- last year? -- Heritage auctioned a major collection of Seated Halves that was so replete with obscure varieties that they contracted Osburn to catalog that portion of the sale.

I was very impressed with the cataloging, and wished I had pursued many of the better varieties. The problem, of course, is that I have no idea how to price that stuff.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I guess now that catalog is out, I can always use the PRL as a price guide!

Comments, suggestions?

EVP

My guess is that the PR is your best bet to price those half varieties. Most of them are obscure enough that they do not have any Trends pricing. I have an AU58, 1845-O, No Drapery, "O" over horizontal "O" (FS 002.5) in my US Type Set and I have no idea how to price such a variety, because my specimen is the only one Certified by NGC. tongue.gif