• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank You Mister Gas Station Attendant

11 posts in this topic

That 15 cents change you gave me contained a 1939 Jefferson. It had some gunk on it but if my eyes don't decieve me, this is a Double Monticello.

The gas station attendant down the road saves all his JFK's, SBA's, Sag's and anything out of the ordinary for me... but you gave me a nickel worth $50? (Grade Pending Gunk Removal)

How many of your guys have store clerks, tellers or just about anyone in retail watching out for you? Best thing they ever found for you in circulation? Did you tip them?

-Dave

How many of your guys have store clerks, tellers or just about anyone in retail watching out for you? Best thing they ever found for you in circulation? Did you tip them?

-Dave

My girlfriend works at the post office. She has gotten me the last five state quarters w/i a couple of weeks of the official release dates. (This is to fill my state quarter album for fun). She also brought me a 1986 proof JFK that she pulled from circulation.

A girl in the expresso stand at work saved a twenty dollar star note for me.

I got a 1958 in change today! not as nice as the '39 but I consider anything in change prior to 1960 a great find.

One of my friends has a contact at the bank he does his business at, he always tells me about coins she finds and asks me if I'm interested in the coin(s) but haven't received any of them yet. Some interesting finds... they would be more interesting if they were in my hands. smile.gif

I have to see about getting a bank job on the weekends!

-Dave

My wife works at a bank and has found a lot of good stuff for me over the years. Well over $100 face in 90%. Out of that, I've found both the 1964D DDR#1 quarter and dime. Morgans, Peace dollars, proofs, mint sets, it's amazing what people will deposit in their accounts, especially when they're told they could get more for them just down the road...

Last week a friend at work saved a wheat cent for me that she received in change. I figured it was probably just a 1940s or 1950s. But she handed it to me and it was a 1912 in EF. It has some light greenish corrosion on it, but still a good circulation find.

Cool find!

When I was very young, my Mom worked at a bank. The tellers there knew that her son collected coins, so they whole bunch of them would save all the "old" stuff for. This was in the '70s, so the stuff they saved for me had to have been old for that time period.

I don't remember what I got, but I do remember getting stuff. My Mom was very supportive of my interests. Even as recently as a couple of years ago she asked me to bring some of my stuff to show her. So, I showed her my US Type and my foreign coins and notes.

EVP

Thanks for all your stories. Coins are a great conversational piece. It seems everyone I talk to (non-collectors) has some sort of stash from their parents or grandparents. Now if they will only show me what they have...

The Jefferson I have, underneath all the gunk on the reverse, I found the infamous PVC. I'm going to soak it in acetone and hope I can work it out. I'm hoping there's not too much damage underneath.

-Dave

My dad has owned a music shop for 23 years and has pulled stuff for me as soon as I started collectig... some silver / wheats / JFK / SBA / $20 Series of 1934 / and my Aunt works for a bank...so I have gotten many cool things from here... Just last summer I got 3 Bust Havles for $20 each all grading about VF... not bad...