• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circ. 1855-O SL 1/2 w/arrows for my Type set.

8 posts in this topic

Here's an 1855-O SL half I got last November at Santa Clara for my Type Set. It is in an NGC XF45 slab. I've also added a third "glare" image that gives you a true perspective on the richness of the color. The images were done by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

1855SLHarrowObv_009.jpg

1855SLHarrowObv_015.jpg

1855SLHarrowRev_002.jpg

I'll say one thing about that coin, it is a real stinker to take a picture of. I've done several images of PL Morgan's, proof IHC, etc. and this one was right there with them concerning difficulty to image. If I didn't know better, I would have thought it was a proof. The fields were complete with mirrored PL features. I understand if it were a high AU or an MS coin, but XF? I can't imagine what if must have looked like had it been MS. It is a gorgeous coin and no photo will do it justice. Very nice Sy!! :cloud9:

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie to this forum...first reply. Sky, very nice coin! I will purchase one soon for my 7070. I'm just now getting back into coin collecting after some 20 some odd years. Feel like a kid again! Great picture! Speaking of pictures, I've seen the name in a few other post...who is the guy that took your picture? Also, I would like some advice on the best way to get images of my coins so that I can post them as well. This is a great forum and look forward to many evenings with you all! :D

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie to this forum...first reply. Sky, very nice coin! I will purchase one soon for my 7070. I'm just now getting back into coin collecting after some 20 some odd years. Feel like a kid again! Great picture! Speaking of pictures, I've seen the name in a few other post...who is the guy that took your picture? Also, I would like some advice on the best way to get images of my coins so that I can post them as well. This is a great forum and look forward to many evenings with you all! :D

Sy that is a good looker.Bob i know what you mean those PL's are a Booger. (thumbs u

Welcome NumisFox :hi:.

Thanks everybody, glad you like it.

...Speaking of pictures, I've seen the name in a few other post...who is the guy that took your picture? Also, I would like some advice on the best way to get images of my coins so that I can post them as well. This is a great forum and look forward to many evenings with you all! :D

Welcome aboard NumisFox!!! :hi: We look forward to seeing you around here for a long time.

The person in question is Robec who you'll see on this thread. As to imaging your coins I would recommend looking at the boards for a bit and seeing whose images most float your boat. You will find that each photographer has a certain look. When you find which look you like the best then try and contact that person.