• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1909 S lincoln Cent really AU details?

8 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1909-S-Key-Date-With-AU-Details_W0QQitemZ280324684020QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCoins_US_Individual?hash=item280324684020&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Just found this on ebay and is this really a AU detail coin ?

also the reverse of the coin what is going on at the right wheat base up to the letters in America ??

Cheers dooly :devil:

Just found this on ebay and is this really a AU detail coin ?

No.

also the reverse of the coin what is going on at the right wheat base up to the letters in America ??

Looks like some pretty serious hits, judging from the enlarged picture.

Cheers dooly :devil:

Also, it may be the flash throwing me off, but I don't like the color at all.

The obverse barely makes Fine; the reverse looks sharper; but it's been cleaned. That is very obvious from the color on the reverse.

I'll reserve judgement about the mint mark. It looks to be the right shape although the picture is small. But it also looks like the mint mark is in EF while the rest of the coin is in VG-Fine.

I would not bid on this lot.

The discoloration around the mint mark would bother me, besides the misleading grade--to be off one grade is possible, but from Fine to AU details is a leap.

Not for me at any price.

Jim