• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How high will it go?'09 Lincoln

21 posts in this topic

It doesn't shock me.....it is a top pop and everyone knows that there isn't very many coins graded with the FDI!!

The MS66 NGC FDI were selling for over $100 last time I looked on eBay!!

This is completely absurd. How many of these coins will ultimately end up in this grade or even higher? Buying this coin at this price sounds like a great way to ultimately lose 90% of the purchase price.

You are forgetting... there will be no more First Day coins slabbed. The top pop for those is MS67. Not that I don't think the price will come down, but the craze is on now and like they say, strike while the fire is hot!

You are forgetting... there will be no more First Day coins slabbed. The top pop for those is MS67. Not that I don't think the price will come down, but the craze is on now and like they say, strike while the fire is hot!

Exactly.

The First Day of Issue is over. You can't get that label anymore.

Yes but the coin in the holder you will be able to get for the entire run of the coin. The first day issue is nothing special just a status symbol, and I cant see the point of spending that much for a penny that I can order from the mint for a lot less.

if your a label collector guess it important label ?must be worth the money since sombody is paying for it OR is it just hype .Yoe run into the same game whos the seller whos the buyer only one to make a profit will be ebay in the end

There are alot of people who like these labels. Also I think it is mostly just hype as always. Look at the error prez dollars and how much they were going for. Alot less now. I really think that give another year and these same coins will be far below what they are selling for now.

I'd be a buyer at 15 cents

Let the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons (mentally challenged) waste their money. The top bidder might the same guy who paid $40,000 + for that 1963 cent in PCGS PR-70 DCam. That coin had spots all over it and wasn't worth $10 outside of the holder.

Across the street they would hang me to nearest tree for saying that, but I don't care. (shrug) Fools and their money are soon departed. :P

Let the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons (mentally challenged) waste their money. The top bidder might the same guy who paid $40,000 + for that 1963 cent in PCGS PR-70 DCam. That coin had spots all over it and wasn't worth $10 outside of the holder.

WOW....I must have missed that crazy auction!! I would have liked to have been the submitter of that coin!!

F o O k MEE ! SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALL THE LUCK !!! :cry: $40,000 GOD THE COINS I COULD ADD !!

I am going to add "Make no payments for 3 months on this purchase - eBay MasterCard" and score some big bucks !!!!

WOW....I must have missed that crazy auction!! I would have liked to have been the submitter of that coin!!

Actually there were probably two submitters in two successive years of FUN show auctions. First year the coin sold for something over $40 grand. It was pictured in places like COINage magazine where collectors who had any sense at all immediately saw that the coin for what is was. Instead of being a “perfect Proof” it was really nothing but a toned and spotted Proof despite its PCGS PR-70, Ultra Cameo, Red grade.

The next year the coin was up for auction again. This time it got lots of coverage from the posts across the street. The smart money called it foolishness as the bid went well beyond $40 thousand. The PCGS lemmings thought it was wonderful, and the dealers, who sell and promote lemming food, attacked anyone who said that the people who were bidding on this thing were certifiable. Finally after the coin became an embarrassment to PCGS, PCGS bought it up to get it off the market.

There was only one reason for buying this piece, and that was registry points. Since there could be no 1963 cent that could get more points than this piece, the Registry lemmings deemed it to be the Holy Grail of 1963 Proof cents regardless of the actual grade.

Wow,I was interested i this story of the MS 70DCAM proof Lincoln.I'd never heard the story. What I found at coinfacts.com blew me away. Here' s a quote:

"PCGS PR-70DCAM. Heritage 1/2003:5815, $39,100.00 - reconsigned to Heritage 1/20043 where it was removed from the sale. PCGS subsequently puchased the coin under its grading guarantee, lowered the grade to PR-64DCAM, and reimbursed the owner $40,250.00."

Anyone got a picture of it? Gotta have pictures.right?

Wow,I was interested i this story of the MS 70DCAM proof Lincoln.I'd never heard the story. What I found at coinfacts.com blew me away. Here' s a quote:

"PCGS PR-70DCAM. Heritage 1/2003:5815, $39,100.00 - reconsigned to Heritage 1/20043 where it was removed from the sale. PCGS subsequently puchased the coin under its grading guarantee, lowered the grade to PR-64DCAM, and reimbursed the owner $40,250.00."

Hold mess that coin looks nasty with all of the spots!!

Linky Dinky to the coin!!

Hold mess that coin looks nasty with all of the spots!!

Linky Dinky to the coin!!

Thanks for the pic!! I wonder if it was the grader who sneezed.Ha!

like the joke says how far will this plane golike this and the guy says all the way to the scene of the crash .Hope he never has to change the plastic ?