• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Field test of Garrett 1500 metal detector on UK soil

39 posts in this topic

Warming it up Bobby? Get that gold sound down. :banana: (thumbs u

That's the thing with this Garrett1500. When it finds a coin, you'll here "boing boing". The gold just gave off one "boing" but I dug it up anyway. It showed to be in the gold area of the discriminator, but that could mean anything sometimes. This type detector is awesome for coins, but I think it's limited on actually distinguishing gold from other metal real good.

Yep my bad spelling again (shrug)

Well i managed to nick of from work early today .. and BOY was it worth it ..

I went to one of the fields i have found a few good items but it is massive .. about 700 acres !! so i don't go there to often .. god i was glad i did though as my 4th signal was this little beauty ..

It is a 2nd Century AD Roman broach called a MOULDED TRUMPET type .. and as far as i know it is unusual to find them this far north !! so it will be going to the Finds liaison officer tomorrow to be recorded and professionally identified

Just shown the light :)

100_0763.jpg

in the hand for the first time in hundreds of years

100_0757.jpg

Nice side view .. no pin though

100_0758.jpg

Close up of the head showing Celtic influences

100_0759.jpg

the reverse still showing some silvering

100_0760.jpg

Photos when i got it home before giving it a light wash

100_0766.jpg

100_0765.jpg

100_0764.jpg

How it looks now .. boy am I happy :banana:

100_0769.jpg

100_0770.jpg

100_0771.jpg

100_0772.jpg

sorry its not a coin again but i just had to show some one :devil:

Thanks for all of the info in this thread Dooly, I have been looking into getting a metal detector and I think you have sold me on the Garrett 1500. (thumbs u