• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1870 Half dollar coin

10 posts in this topic

Hi all just wondering if anyone would like to have a go at the grade and current market value .. for this bit of USA silver please

300.jpg

AU-50 is my say, $200 give or take

little to much spotting for a higher grade in my opinion

Liberty's foot is also worn slightly

The banner for IGWT is worn on the lower left

AU-50 is my say, $200 give or take

little to much spotting for a higher grade in my opinion

Liberty's foot is also worn slightly

The banner for IGWT is worn on the lower left

hm i was wondering about the semi-circles of toning myself hm

AU sharpness, but I'm concerned about the dark toning around the upper part of the obverse. It looks like that dark stuff that is etched into the silver. If it is, I'd pass.

Other than the spot over the first T in STATES, this is my favorite of the 3 coins I have seen so far. She looks good to me otherwise and if that spot obove the T is not "etched in", I'd go AU 53. Sandal is separated from foot and neck line appears 99% complete. I like the color myself. I can't tell if it's been recolored or not, but if she is "natural" she's a nice one!

Thanks for all the great information .. you have helped me decide not to bid on this coin .. i will try and posts the winning price when the sale is finished

thanks again (thumbs u