• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How I Justified Buying the 1¢x100 Coins for $8.95 Today

17 posts in this topic

A few reasons:

(1) My bank is still saying they can't specifically order just boxes of 'em. They may or may not get them from the Fed at some point, but in case they don't, I'm covered. And if they do before the next one's out, then it's not a huge amount of money to be out for a lesson learned.

(2) Compared with the cost of many other coins these days, this is still reasonably cheap at 9¢ per coin.

(3) The Denver mint's store, though full of inept folks who lack any information or customer service ideals say they won't have them in any way nor for any price other than what the Mint's online store has 'em.

(4) Just tack on 2 boxes of presidential dollars through the direct ship program. I get 1.5% back for regular purchases on my AmEx and so $500x0.015=$7.50 which just about covers the mark-up over face.

(5) That mint wrapper is pretty cool ... ;)

And that's how I justified paying $9 for $1 today.

I ordered 5 sets of the rolls and 5 of the proof and 5 of the uncirculated commem's.

Thinking I might attempt to make a multo-holder of these coins if I can find high grade cents in any of these rolls.

I ordered 5 sets of the rolls and 5 of the proof and 5 of the uncirculated commem's.

Thinking I might attempt to make a multo-holder of these coins if I can find high grade cents in any of these rolls.

(thumbs u

I cant wait to get all my lincolns in multi-holders!!

I won't be unrolling mine ! if they were a bit cheaper and I could get more I might go 1 roll

Oh and if someone reports an interesting error ;) that will get them unrolled fast.

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who decided paying the Mint's outrageous 9x markup on a supposedly circulating coin wasn't too much to ask for. ;)

Hey, I did the very same thing at the crack of dawn this morning, for the same reasons. All the banks I go to and leave my card to call me if they get any in are just dead silent. Even the nice tellers who know me because I always chat them up.

I figured it would be better to have 2 rolls of each mint in hand and stop wasting gas and time at the banks. They'll call me when they get some. I asked for 10 rolls at 5 different banks.

That pretty much assures the world that they'll be plentiful and about worthless in the near future when I get my hoard started.

Alincolncollector

I'm payin for the wrapper mainly

If I wanted just the coins I'd just wait until loads are in circulation and easily obtainable at a bank. Which will happen, they have to use them somewhere

Well, yesterday night I decided that I better buy some rolls but I see there is a limit of 5 sets

per household so I bought 5 sets. I also bought some other things to average out the S/H better!!

One reason I also decided to buy is because I didn't buy the 2004 nickel rolls and

now look at the price the peace nickels go for!!

One reason I also decided to buy is because I didn't buy the 2004 nickel rolls and now look at the price the peace nickels go for!!

I used have a roll of each 2004 nickels series - Just curious what are they going for now ??

Was part of my collection deletion the last few years